Moving in to Residence Halls
We’re planning a multi-day move-in process that includes health screenings and, if necessary, quarantine options. The longer timeline will reduce the number of people in hallways, elevator lobbies, and entrances.
You'll get an email from Housing and Residence Life with your fall housing assignment starting July 15, then you can sign up for a two-hour time block to move in through Mason's Housing Portal. You'll get your appointment time and detailed move-in guidance by early August. We'll also email you a parking pass for that day.
- Student staff move in on August 8.
- Upper class students move in August 15 to18, and August 22 to 23.
- Freshman students move in August 19 to 21.
Unfortunately, the traditional rolling green transport bins won’t be available this time. We also won’t have Move Crew volunteers, to cut down on the number of people touching your belongings.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
All returning students must take Safe Return to Campus Training.
- You can have two people help with move-in.
- Health and safety signage will be everywhere; please follow these guidelines.
- ID cards will be pre-programmed.
- You’ll be assigned a check-in location to pick up keys.
- You’ll get an electronic Room Condition Report to submit.
If you have an issue in your room or something needs to be repaired, you can enter work orders electronically through Mason's Housing Portal.
Check the Housing and Residence Life website for more information and updates.